The already best-selling Kalkreaktor (Calcium Reactor) in Germany has become even better. It completely replaces Kalkwasser, 1 or 2-part Calcium/Buffer powder & liquid dosing. The new and improved Korallin kalkreaktor allows a simple, elegant and high efficiency production of calcium hydrogen carbonate including the necessary balanced carbonic acid. Sit back and watch your aquarium`s pH and dKH being kept at optimum levels. Together with our reliable CO2 System, this is the most maintenance-free Kalkreaktor setup in the world.
Ca2+ + 2HCO3 = Ca(HCO3)2 = CaCO3 + H2CO3 Calcium + Hydrogen Carbonate =
Calcium Hydrogen Carbonate = Calcium Carbonate + Carbonic Acid
A Kalkreaktor setup (ie: one with CO2 System and CaCO3 media) is expensive only at the beginning. You save money in the long term because a 5-pound CO2 refill ($12) lasts you 1.5 years on our Kalkreaktor (and only ours) while a 7-kg CaCO3 media ($42 and good enough for 2 refills) lasts you up to 1 year! And no more tedious daily Calcium dosing. A pH Controller is not required for our Kalkreaktor because there is no chance for the excessive CO2 to escape into your system like ALL other brands on the market. A pH Monitor is a nice equipment to have for fast pH measuring. Though pH Test Kit and pH Pen-monitor can still be used for this purpose.
The internal recirculation flow rate of the C-1502 is around 80 g/h. Since that this is a pressurized Kalkreaktor, the dissolution of the media by the carbonized water is enhanced. The effluent rate is only about 0.25 g/h at 40 drops/min. Thus explaining the efficient CO2 & media use. CO2 is being introduced into the Eheim powerhead direct—this is the most efficient Aspirating-Venturi method.
- Top-loading & access w/ enhanced O-ring seal
- Auto-fill Integrated Bubble Counter on one water circuit (ie: water never evaporates)
- Detachable Tru-Union couplings w/ O-rings for easy handling, safe shipping, upgrading and leak proof
- Integrated "industrial-grade" Brass Check Valve from German Air Pressure Systems to prevent back flow of pressurized saltwater
- Improved engineering for stronger water circulation and suction
- Secure German airline tubing connectors
- Medical-use Miniature Quick Disconnect Couplings w/ shut-off 3 Inlet & outlet facing same direction
- Special elbow for flexible airline tubing mounting
- Heavy-duty Excelon construction w/ no unsightly and fragile hangover tubing
- Top pump-mounting design
- Self-suction water intake by the silent Eheim pump (not included) eliminates the use of a dedicated powerhead, gravity-fed or tee-off methods. It also serves for water recirculation.
- Water circuit interruption in case of CO2 overdose—our exclusive CO2 Safety Feature
- Visual excessive CO2 check w/ ventilation valve for quick release
- Dual effluent outlets to suit different systems
- Aspirating-Venturi technology utilizes only 10 CO2 bubbles/min. and up—most efficient use of both CO2 gas and CaCO3 media
- Functions immediately, no "break-in period" required like other brands
- The most compact and versatile positioning Kalkreaktor in its class—6.25" small foot print + 15.75" total height, external or in-sump
- Micro-adjustable miniature ball valve to maintain a consistent effluent drip rate
- Slightly larger (German size) airline tubing for more consistent water flow
- Strainer to protect Eheim pump (not included) from loose media particles
- C10002—Rated for up to 3000g.