Max Flow 2,000gph | 8~25 watts | 20-90+ gallons
Includes 2K Gyre Pump Only
Mounting applicable for glass or acrylic aquariums up to 1/2 in thick
ICECAP 2K GYRE FLOW PUMP ONLY
The IceCap Gyre is back and better than ever! The all-new IceCap 2K Gyre Flow Pump is more powerful than its 1K predecessor.
GYRE 2K PUMP FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Unique Gyre Flow: Virtually Eliminates Dead Spots
- Evenly Distributed Linear Flow
- Discrete Design
- Can Be Mounted Vertically or Horizontally
- Can Be Mounted Close to the Water Surface
- Waterproof Magnet Mounts
- Twin Directional Flow Cages
- Includes 2 Sets of Propellers: Orange and Black
- HYDROS WaveEngine Direct Drive Compatible
- 1-Year Limited Warranty
The IceCap 2K Gyre uses officially licensed technology by Maxspect, creators of the original Gyre pump, to generate the now-iconic gyre water flow in your aquarium—but without breaking the bank! The IceCap 2K is also Direct Drive Compatible with the HYDROS WaveEngine multi-pump controller. More on that later!
GYRE 2K TECHNICAL SPECS
- Rating: Aquariums 20-90+ Gallons
- Maximum Flow: 2,000 Gallons Per Hour
- Minimum Flow: 739 Gallons Per Hour
- Power Consumption: 8-25 Watts
- Size: 8.78L x 2.83W x 1.5H
- Cable Length: 6ft
- Tank Thickness: Up to ½” thick
- Glass or Acrylic: Safe for Both
HYDROS WAVEENGINE DIRECT DRIVE COMPATIBLE
You can connect your IceCap 2K Gyre Pump to CoralVue’s universal pump controller, the HYDROS WaveEngine, using a simple Direct Drive adapter. The WaveEngine can control, monitor, and even supply power to your pump. You can connect and power up to four flow pumps in this fashion, which eliminates the need for their external controllers, cables, and power bricks.
The real kicker about the WaveEngine, of course, is its ability to allow pumps from different brands to work together seamlessly using a single integrated flow management system. If you’ve ever wanted to use your IceCap Gyres with Maxspect Gyres, EcoTech Marine VorTechs, Reef Octopus Octo Pulses, or Tunze Turbelles (among others), now you can!
THE GYRE 2K USES REVOLUTIONARY CROSSFLOW TECHNOLOGY
Wavemakers excel in making waves, while waves are spectacular to watch in motion, they are moving the majority of the water vertically up and down, with relatively low horizontal movement, especially near the bottom of the aquarium.
On the other hand, gyre generators excel in moving the sheer flow of water from one side of the aquarium to the other. The flow of water is so strong that it would bounce back from the opposite side to achieve full circulation within an aquarium, i.e., generating "gyre flows."
WHY HAVE GYRE PUMPS TAKEN THE AQUARIUM WORLD BY STORM? THERE ARE THREE MAIN REASONS:
- They leave virtually no dead spots in your aquarium.
- The flow is evenly distributed throughout your entire aquarium.
- Water bounces back off the other side of your tank, creating a full circulation to complete the Gyre pattern.
These three key points run in stark contrast to the performance of the status quo propeller-type pumps that once ruled our hobby. Sure, they can move water. But they don’t do it as efficiently and intelligently as the Gyre! For example:
DISADVANTAGES OF STANDARD PROPELLER NOZZLE PUMPS
- A)Relatively weak water movement with dead spots left in their wake.
- B)There is a powerful flow in the center but not elsewhere, which makes coral placement difficult.
- C)The water movement is weak at the other end of the aquarium and is not designed for recirculation.
WHY IS A GYRE GENERATOR SUPERIOR TO A WAVEMAKER?
Wavemakers excel in making waves. While waves are spectacular to watch in motion, they are moving the majority of the water vertically up and down, with relatively low horizontal movement—especially near the bottom of the aquarium.
On the other hand, the Gyre excels in generating massive movements of water from one side of the aquarium to the other. The sheer volume of water is so substantial that it bounces off the opposite side of the aquarium to achieve full circulation within the tank. Or, as we call it, generating a “gyre flow.”