DVH Coral Protec is a new coral dip for reefers designed to work with removing all types of coral pests and parasitic organisms. Coral Protec is a quick and easy to use method for expelling all sorts of aquarium pests before you place your precious corals into your aquarium. This simple coral diping process is a commonly looked over step in the acclimation process that often leads to huge problems in the display tank.
It is very common for corals that are traded, maricultured or wild caught to have various pests hitchhiking along for an opportunity to wreak havoc on your aquarium inhabitants. Coral Protec is safe and effective method of removing these pests. Help stop the spread of parasites and use Coral Protec on any new specimen that you want to introduce into your display tank.
Prevention is the keyword here. Once a pest has managed to get in your aquarium, it’s very difficult to eradicate them totally without taking drastic measures. Following these simple directions below will put you in a better position to avoid pests in your aquarium.
Coral Protec is a Proprietary aqueous solution of Chloroxylenol and a proprietary blend of Natural Extracts. It does not contain iodine.
Coral Protec is effective in expelling the following parasites:
- Acropora Eating Flatworms (AEFW),
- Montipora Eating Nudibranchs,
- Zoanthid Eating Spiders,
- Red Flatworms
- and performs very well in the treatment of Rapid Tissue Necrosis(RTN), Slow Tissue Necrosis (STN) and Bacterial Infection.
- One 20ml bottle will treat 40 liters (10 1/2 gallons) of water in dipping container
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- Avoid skin contact, wear suitable gloves. In case of skin contact, wash with plenty of water.
- If swallowed, wash out mouth and drink plenty of water or milk. Consult your doctor and take the bottle / instructions with you.
- If contact is made with eyes, wash thoroughly with cold water. Consult your doctor and take the bottle / instruction with you.
- Shake bottle well before use. This product includes oils which will settle out with time.
- Never add Coral Protec directly into the aquarium.
- Make sure when dipping corals to use the water at the correct temperature
Directions for use:
- Add 0.5 ml (syringe included in the 20ml packaging) of Coral Protec per 1 liter (2 ml per gallon of aquarium water) of saltwater from the aquarium in a separate container. Mix well. For additional potency, freshwater dip can be used. Be careful and buffer the pH values to match your aquarium water when performing a freshwater dip!
- Use a small powerhead to keep the water moving and place the coral in the container. If you do not have a powerhead, gently shake the coral in the dip.
- Keep the coral in the dip for 2-5 minutes depending on severity of problem. Observe the coral during treatment for evidence of adverse reactions such as excessive sliming.
- After 2-5 minutes, remove the coral and discard the dip. Rinse coral with clean aquarium water and place it in the aquarium
- Do not reuse the coral dip, as expelled creatures whilst dipping may release toxins (flat worms).
- Clean syringe and / or container with freshwater after usage.
Note: if you already have acropora eating flatworms in your aquarium then we reccomend using Zeovit Flatworm Stop.