This little diaphragm pump is an excellent choice for automatic top-off duty. Unlike other diaphragm pumps available, this little powerhouse can push water to 60psi (~130ft high). It can also safely run dry, unlike conventional powerheads. It is quiet and runs on 12v DC power.
Flow rate is approximately 400mL/min, but note that it is not rated for continuous duty nor salt water applications. This means for intermittent use (as in ATO usage) it is great, but we do not recommend it for use as a calcium reactor feed pump, for example. It can be used in conjunction with a kalk stirrer.
Diaphragm pump kit includes:
- Pump in wall-mountable box
- Tubing, 10ft
- Check valve to prevent back siphoning
- Micro ball valve to adjust flow rate (max 400mL/min)
- Siphon break tee (see instruction manual for details when this is needed)
- Max flow rate: 400mL/min @ 0ft head pressure
- Min flow rate: Fast drip
- Max head pressure: 60psi or 130ft
- Run dry: Yes
- Self priming: Yes
- Power: 12v DC, 4w max, 2w min
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year